Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cherry Tilda

I challenged myself to not only use buttons but to have them be something besides just decorations. Here they are cherries because Tilda has cherries on her blouse and boots.

Tilda is colored with copics, almost a given. The leaves are from a very old the angel company stamp set called apples and bugs. The swirls are also from an angel company stamp set called swoops and swirls and stamped with marvy red ink. On Tilda's blouse, jumper and hair ribbon there are bits of stickles as well on the swirls in the corners. The center is done with #3 Nestabilities labels. I hand drew the stems for the cherries. I know I have great artistic talents to draw cherry stems. LOL. The boots have diamond glaze applied. Tilda is popped up with foam tape. The dp is from the boxer collection by basic grey. 
Here is a list of the copics I used.
skin: E00, E02, E11, E21, E50
Cheeks: R20
Dress: R22, R24, R27, R29
Blouse and Boots: BG10, B00
Hair Y00, Y31, E57
Leaves: YG06, G07, G14
If you haven't taken a peak at the blog post below please do. It really was a work of heart.

20 comments:

Gina K said...

I love the swirls and cherries. Tilda looks so cute! Great card. Gina L

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute card, Peggie! Love the cherries and Tilda is just too cute! Great card!
hugs!
Sharon

Only By His Grace said...

Wow1 Peggie, what a super idea using the buttons as cherries. How clever of you. I love the DP frame you have Tilda sitting on.
A gorgeous sweet card.
Hugs Marion

Leonie said...

love the red and white combo and how clever to use the buttons as cherries. Well done!
Hugs
Leonie

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card. Great job with your coloring, she looks so sweet. I love the cherry buttons.
Hugs,
Shell

Julie said...

I love how you used red buttons to create the cherries. Very clever.

Cami said...

Love your cherry Tilda and the buttons! Your coloring is beautiful! Hugs, Cami

cabio's craft corner said...

Very cute Peggie. First of all, Tilda is colored beautifully, then I really like the way you used the buttons as the cherries. What a cute idea :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Nancy said...

Hi Peggie,
Great job with the buttons and Tilda is adorable and beautifully colored! Adorable card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Tracey said...

So sweet! What a fabulous card!

Myrna said...

Peggie, what an adorable card! Love your buttons for cherries. Great card and love your coloring.

Maureen said...

Oh how sweet Peggie! Great way to use the red buttons!!! Such a pretty card.

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What an adorable card! Love how you used the buttons as cherries - very creative.

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Peggie, cute card, perfect cherries and this Tilda is adorable!! Love your card!!

Hugs,
Patricia

marsha said...

Ooh Peggie, this is fantabulous! I just love your Tilda - great dp and great coloring - you have rocked this one! (and great artistic ability on the cherry stems, LOL)!

Hugs,
Marsha

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

AWHH SO CUTE PEGGIE!What a fun sweet card.I really like what you did with the red buttons at the bottom he he.BRILLIANT LOL!((HUGS))RubyM:)

Pam said...

Peggie,
I love your card! Red is my favorite color! The buttons-as-cherries are so sweet!
thanks for sharing her!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Unknown said...

Peggy...your card is precious! I really love how you colored Tilda...and I think you did a great job on the stems!! Seriously, I think the button cherries are an absolute inspiration! Pat Frank

stephanne said...

This is just darling!! I love the cherries you've created and that sweet little Tilda looks great surrounded in the BG DP, fantastic!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous! I love how you made the cherry with the button, too cute!
Hugs, Christine