Saturday, June 21, 2014

Prima Girl

I have seen these mixed media stamps by julie nutting/prima and liked them and finally saw one at my local stamp store and couldn't resist.
I don't know if I will get any more as they are quite tall but they are fun. The card was made from an 8 1/2" square piece of paper folded in half. This one is colored with copics. The dress is paper pieced. The sash is colored with copics and the dress is highlighted with copics. The underskirt is colored with a white pen and she is outlined with the pen. The fancy edge is done with a fiskars border punch. The swirls and flower at the bottom are the punches from the edging. The dotted dp is from bobunny. Organza ribbon is tied around the one edge with a bow and then buttons are adhered with soowang tape.
Hope you enjoyed.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Jan's Tray

A few months ago a member of our church died suddenly. Jan was well loved and in charge of many things at church. One thing she did was to head up the social committee. She kept a well stocked cupboard of many of the supplies that were needed to host luncheons and such at the church. I was asked to make something to indicate that it was Jan's cupboard in memory of her. This is what I came up with.
I have had this tray for probably 30 years. I got it to put a cross stitch picture in but never got to it. So now it finally has a purpose. It really is a wonder that I saved it when I moved. It will now hang on the door of the cupboard.
Here is a picture of the scene before it was put under glass.
The words were done in Word Art in Microsoft Word. The letters are colored with R29, R27, and R24 copics. The butterflies and swirls are made with memory box die cuts. The swirls had parts cut off to make them fit in this space. The gold paper was on clearance at JoAnn's. The roses were stamped using a Penny Black stamp. The stamp was colored with Zig Memory Brushables markers. The markers have two colors on each marker. The leaves were done with the two colors of green but the roses were done just in the dark red. Jan loved red and white roses. Here is a close-up of the roses.
A sheet of scor-tape was adhered to white card stock and then Elizabeth's Silk Microfine Warm Diamond Glitter was burnished over top. Then the stamp was stamped on top of the glitter paper. I cut out the four roses and mounted them on the plain card stock. The damask dp is by Bazzill Basics and the dotted dp is from BoBunny. I had bought some ribbon to make a bow for this project. When I went to grab it I found I had some ribbon just like it with the bow already made. I really think God already knew what this project was going to be long before I started it.

When I went to start this project I was going to use a rose bud stamp I already had but it was too brittle to make a good image anymore. Wonder why some stamps get like that. Anyway I went to my local stamp store to buy a new stamp expecting to spend $10-$12 and came out with almost $40 of supplies for this project. lol.

I am glad Jan is with the Lord now but she is certainly missed by those of us left behind.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thinking of Tilda

Tilda is sitting pretty on a tag/sticker from a Basic Grey collection. Ribbon is laced through the tag with paper flowers on each side. There are brads for centers of the flowers and some pink glitter glue applied to the flowers. Tilda is colored with copic markers. The lace on the bottom of the dress has frosted lace stickles on it. The blue isn't really quite that bright IRL. The white paper is scored at about inch intervals with squares of Basic Grey paper in 4 of the resulting squares. The butterfly is done with a McGill punch and has star dust stickles on it. The words are from an old angel company stamp set.