Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday's cards

I had never made a z fold card before and I found the directions a bit tricky or as my dd say tricksy. I can be direction impaired sometimes. The first fold is 2 3/4" from the edge and then the second fold is 2 3/4" from that. Fold one side on top of the other so it forms a z with a long leg. I laid the ribbon on top of that and then tied it. The butterfly layer hangs off the fold. The center of the flowers are liquid applique with some glitter on them and then heated. The rest of the glitter is from stickles. The butterfly is stamped in brown and the body colored brown so that it almost looks like a moth instead of a butterfly.


I think this hippo is just too cute. I would probably look like a hippo in a two piece suit. The umbrella is from bmuse. I cut the staff off and the thing on the top and flattened it out to make it lay decently on the card. I added the bauble for the thing on the top.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Cute cards! I love all the sparkle on the butterfly!

Smiles,

Brandi

Mae said...

Beautiful butterfly.