Sunday, July 3, 2016

Flamingo

I saw this stamp set from Hero Arts used on another blog and when I saw it in my local stamp store I had to purchase it.
The first layer of the flamingo is stamped with marvy matchables bubble gum pink and then #9 pink and lastly versa color opera pink.The beak is done with memento black. There is a die cut flamingo to cut out the flamingo. I usually just cut out my images by hand but decided to try using the die cut. I think I need a little practice to get it just right.  The yellow background was done with shades of reds and yellow chalk ink rubbed directly on the paper and then the plants were stamped on with more chalk ink. The words were memento black ink. The dark strip on the side is a dark sparkly green although it doesn't shoe up. The water is stamped with a  light blue chalk ink and then a darker blue/green ink where the flamingo is standing and then stickles over top. Flamingos may be a new obsession. lol

1 comment:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a fun Flamingo card you created. Love the pink!