Friday, February 28, 2014

Treasure Tree

I have never used this stamp in a way that I liked before. This is the best I have come up with. All other tries have ended in the garbage. I guess the motto here is "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."


It is an stamp set from the angel company (now out of business). The tree itself is stamped with burnt sienna palette ink and the leaves are stamped with various green versa color  inks. Everything is colored with prisma color pencils. The sky is done with blue versa magic ink. I tore a piece of paper and then used a cosmetic sponge over the edge to create a cloudy appearance. 
There circle charm with a washer glued in it. The washer says treasure on it. Then there is a double sided ribbon tied around the charm loop. Here is a close-up.


The dotted paper is done by running an embossing folder with white core dcwv paper and then sanding the raised layer of dots. 
Here is the inside.


I stamped leaves in all the corners.
Hope you enjoyed.

2 comments:

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

I like your tree, Peggie. Nice card.

Sparkly Engineer said...

I like it. The ability to change the leaves and placement makes it super kewl.