Sunday, November 20, 2011

My challenge

I am an owner of a yahoo group called createacard. Today I gave them a challenge to use this picture to inspire them to make a card. 
Here is the card I came up with.


I stamped the image onto white card stock using metallic silver and embossed it with silver pearl embossing powder. Next I used a red marvey dye ink and went all over the image and then turned it upside down and rubbed the ink off the embossing onto a scrap piece of paper.  Next I used a small make-up sponge and adirondack cranberry ink and went over the bottom part of the image. Once again I turned it over to rub off the extra ink. I sewed the image to the white and then tied a bow around the top. The I used a small piece of sparkly white twine to tie the wreath onto the bow. I adhered the layer to the card. The dots in the center of the poinsettia are done with liquid pearls. Oh the poinsettia image is from magenta and stamped twice one a little higher than the other. Hope you enjoy. If you are inspired by this picture I would love to see what you create. Just let me know in the message and I will stop by your blog and see what you create. 

3 comments:

Sandy said...

gorgeous sheets - beautiful card!!
Sandy

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful Peggy - and so classic Christmas - love the stitching you did.

Anonymous said...

Love this Peggie! Perfect interpretation of the picture, Just lovely!
Hugs Julie P