This post is definitely not about stamping but I had to share the christening gown I made for my granddaughter. I saw this pattern in Sew Beautiful just at the time when it was time or maybe past time to start to make it. I knew it was just right. Not as frilly and long as some so it was more in my price range and time range. As it is it won't take long til she outgrows it.
The fabric is Victorian batiste. I did all the lace insertions by machine but had to sew the laces together at the top by hand as I couldn't keep them from separating when trying to sew them together by machine. Here is a close up of the top.
I haven't put the buttons and buttonholes is yet as when I got it done I thought the neck looked a little small so I will have to check it out and maybe take the binding and lace off and lower the neckline and then put it all back on. Sure hope not.
Here is a picture of the bottom with the embroidery I did. I almost didn't put it on but am glad I did. I think it adds a lot.
Wish I would have kept track of the hours I spent on it just for fun but I didn't. It took me a month or more to do it but that wasn't steady work.
Here is a picture of Avani and her mother, my daughter. The picture is a few months old.
Found a more recent one - most of my pictures are on my phone so had to figure out how to get it here.
Hope you enjoyed. And maybe inspired you.