Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Washi Rose

I almost never make a card where I don't color but today I did it! There is no patterned paper either - just washi tape. That stuff is so much fun. Lots of pretty colors, less expensive than ribbon and not as sticky as regular tape so it is very forgiving when you make a mistake. I never make mistakes (blushing at my lying :)).

The flower is done with washi tape as well. You just haphazardly fold it in half and then wind it around itself and stick it on a one inch glue dot. I put a blue rhinestone in the middle. The saying is from April Showers by Penny Black. Look out I may get another washi tape card done tonight.
We did a card very similar to this at my stamping class at Stamp Fanci last night. I told my son I was taking classes there and he was surprised because he thought I should be teaching. There is always something new to learn. 
I am entering this over at That Craft Place http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.dk/ for flowers

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Well Hello Friend right back at cha. The embossed paper looks wonderful and I love your flower!
sandy