Sunday, June 12, 2011

Graduate Edwin

Life has been very busy lately. I had to have my dog put to sleep. She was 16 years old and I think she had a stroke. Poor thing was so tired and having trouble moving her back quarters. It was time but oh so sad. 
Then I had to get my dd ready to go to Boy Scout Camp. She is going to work there this summer. I think this is a hoot. She will be in a Boy Scout uniform and driving a truck. This is my daughter who puts on a dress and says it makes her so happy. I want to be a fly on the wall and see how she does. 

Anyway I finally made time to make another card. 




Isn't Edwin just so proud of his accomplishment, as well he should be, it takes a lot of hard work to graduate. He is colored with copics. I used a white pen to make the details of his shoes shoe up. I have trouble in really small areas using the copics. The red glitter is from art institute glittering system. The glitter on the tassel and the stars are stickles. The stars are from a retired angel company set. The dp is  from basic grey and the banner was done with word.

Here are a couple of pics of the inside.

Now you can see it with the gift card.  Now to get it mailed out. 
I really enjoy your comment; they do lift my spirits.

22 comments:

Kim said...

Love the way you did this image Peggie. I knew you liked HM but didn't realize you were into the Maggies also. Something else to talk about.

Karen said...

Ooooo...I really like this!!! : )

Beth said...

Peggie, love your card! Edwin is colored so beautifully, and I love the stars and glitter! Great job!

XxJULESxX said...

wow fabulous card Peggie! and im so sorry about your dog

Barb Hardeman said...

What a great graduation card Peggie! Love how you colored Edwin, he sees ink so seldomly :(
I have that same graduation stamp, though I couldn't find it right now if I had to....Maggies determine my whole stamping existence. Sweet card...hugs...Barb

Rene said...

Another fabulous graduation card!!!!!
Rene :D

Anonymous said...

Love your graduate card. I think I need to get that stamp. I just had to make a card and I didn't have a "graduate" to put on it. Edwin is adorable. Your coloring is really great! Sorry to hear about your dog. That is so hard. Been there....done that and now have a large pit bull that is having problems. Our heart is aching for him and we are worried what we are going to have to do too.
Nancy

Mascha Zimmerman said...

He looks gorgeous, very nice card! Bye Mascha

Cami said...

Wonderful graduation card for a guy using Edwin. I struggle with "boy" cards, but you are a master at it!
Hugs, Cami

Danni said...

I'm still so sorry about the loss of your pet. I still miss my Heidi so much and it's been a few years.
Wonderful card!!

Chris said...

Great card. Sorry to hear about your dog.

Eve said...

yes, indeed, he looks so proud! :-) And luv not only the outside but inside of the card! :-)

Unknown said...

What a lovely graduation card!!!!Love the way you designed the inside!!!! Fabulous!!!!

marsha said...

Gorgeous Edwin card Peggie! So sorry for the loss of your dear doggie.
Hugs,
Marsha

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Peggie!!
Hugs Kristel

cathylynn said...

Peggie your card is GREAT!!! Great coloring and details too. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. It's like losing a family member and very hard. You have my sympathy.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Sylvia said...

Oh Peggie, i am so sorry to hear about your dog!! I know how you must feeling right now.
Your card is beautiful. I love the glitters and your coloring is also very beautiful.
xxxSylvia

Elle said...

I love all of the glittery details you used. The coloring of Edwin is spot on. Great graduation card!

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie, fantastic card!

Hugs, Lori m

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Peggie, How lovely this Edwin graduate is! Gorgeous coloring, andI love the stars and the glitter, reason to celebrate!
Wonderful.
Hugs.

Pat said...

Hi Peggie...I'm so sorry about your dog. I had to put one of our pups to sleep recently...Blossom had been with me through think and thin...she was 18 years old...pretty good for a toy poodle. I think she had a stroke too...and, like you day, it was time...but I still miss her. And I laughed when I read about your daughter going to Boy Scout Camp. I actually had to read that twice!! LOL!! Such a gorgeous card, Peggie! I have this Edwin and Tilda...and haven't even inked them up. Shame on me! Your coloring is so pretty...and I love the sparkles. The inside is simply fabulous!! Love the sentiment...and the red lettering is perfect!! Hugs. Pat

cabio's craft corner said...

Peggy, so sorry to hear about your dog, but then it is the least you can do for her and she was one lucky one who was being loved!! Cheer up and use your stamping therapy.
Beautiful card and gorgeous coloring on this grad image. Good for your daughter and she is one proud lady who works over at Boy Scout camp, lol
Hugs,
Cabio