Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shaker Tilda

I did this card for a couple of challenges. Sometimes I enjoy challenges to see what different things I come up with that I wouldn't have thought of on my own and sometimes I just like to do my own thing. This time I went the challenge direction. The first challenge I did was doing a shaker card at Magnolia-licious Highlights here. I love to do shaker cards and haven't done one in a while. The second challenge I did this for was Really Reasonable Ribbon here. When I found the link to this challenge I realized I hadn't followed the requirements. Not only is it supposed to be blue, white and silver but it had to have a ribbon on it. Back I went to find a place for the ribbon. It helps to read the instructions. 


I used two different Magnolia stamps - Tilda with amaryllis and Tilda with gifts only Tilda with gifts didn't make it only the gifts which I stamped twice to get all the gifts I wanted. The window is from Art Impressions. Everything is colored with copics. The dp is from basic grey blitzen collection. The white one is edged with Pearlescent Sky Blue Brilliance and then it is also rubbed up and down on the paper. The snowflake on the paper in the window is a stamp from the angel company. The snowflakes that are floating around are ones from the Hero company. The snowflakes on the ribbon and flower are from JoAnns. The ribbon is from the see spot save section at Target. Tilda's dress has silver stickles, the flower have crystal stickles and the curtains have frosted lace stickles. The gifts have a couple of different stickles on them. The silver dew drops are from Robin's Nest. 
Hope you enjoy. 

26 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

This is adorable Peggie. I love how you tied the challenges together. Your shaker window is delightful, love the blue white and silver and you found a perfect place for your ribbon! Great job...hugs...Barb

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Wow, love your shaker box. Where did you find that window stamp? All those shades of blues are beautiful! Well done!
Hugs,
Leslie Avila

Madge H. said...

Beautiful Peggie. Love the girlie curtains and how you stole the presents from another Tilda.
rubber hugz, inky wishes, Cricut chirps and Cuttlebug squishes,
Madge

cabio's craft corner said...

love the shaker window and the cute Tilda card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Peggie, I love your shaker car, so cute this window with the snow. Very lovely Tilda, gorgeous coloring.Beautiful color combo.
Hugs.
Danielle

Cami said...

Very cute shaker card! Love the window scene with the "snow" you mde! Hugs, Cami

Rene said...

What a winter wonderland of a card!!! How great to have the shaker in the window! Just gorgeous!

Candy said...

Very pretty, Peggie. Love the snow outside the window and how you used that as your shaker part. Your blue and silver are lovely :o)
Hugs, Candy

charlene said...

great job Peggy I love this window idea !
Hugs

sevi said...

this looks so lovely.
greetz sevi

KayBeScraps said...

wow.. wow.. wow.. soooo beautiful.. ♥
Hugs, Katrin

Cheryl said...

Great job, Peggie! I love all the pretty blues! That is a great window! Love your whole card and thanks for joining in this challenge! Cheryl

Christina said...

Woww this is stunning Peggie!! Gorgeous!
Hugs Kristel

Christina C. said...

This card is beyond gorgeous....it is a masterpiece! Your Tilda is beautifully colored and the snow in the window is pure genius! Love, love it!!!!

Julie said...

Oh wow! This is just so beautiful
Hugs
Julie

Christine said...

Such a cute card, Peggie! Very smart to add the gifts that way!

Cordine said...

Gogeous card!
Hugs
Cordine

Nettie said...

Beautiful card Peggy! xx

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Peggie,
Very good idea getting the presents from another Tilda. I love how you have her all in blue.
Super all round card.
Hugs Maz

Lisette Morris said...

Great scene! Beautiful blues, its a very lovely card.

Judy K. said...

Just beautiful Peggie, love all the blues and details!
Judy K.

Norma said...

Ooh, Peggie, your card is a winner with me. Stunning. I absolutely adore it. Tilda is so adorable here—sadly I don’t have her!!! (on my wish list now). Love the scene you’ve created. I adore that window image. Beautifully coloured and love the colour scheme. Is that just glitter that you’ve got under the ‘glass’? Fabulous job you’ve done with this card.

Hugs.
Norma

LINDA W. said...

Great shaker card....I haven't tried one yet....love all the blue's and your DP's
Hugs Linda

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a sweet, adorable card, Peggy! Love it & love the curtains! Beautiful job on your coloring!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful winter card! Your ribbon looks great too!! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Anonymous said...

Love your sweet Tilda coloring Peggie! What an adorable scene... I love Art Impressions stamps...so creative! TFS!
Pam Going Postal