Saturday, December 5, 2009

Class Cards




These are a couple of simple cards I made for my class of junior high students to make. It is probably the last class I will teach at my homeschool co-op as my last child is graduating this year.  It's hard to believe that I am almost done after homeschooling for 21 years.  I now have to decide what I want to do when I grow up.  Well back to the cards.  This first one is from stamps happen and is colored with pencils.  There is a bit of straw from JudiKins glued on with diamond glaze. The middle button has stamper's floss tied on and curled. The paper is from JoAnn's. The second card has a retired stamp from the angel company, again colored with pencils. The swirl is cut from a sizzix die. Paper from JoAnn's again. Both have a bit of sulyn glitter on the star.  It was fun seeing how the kids did the cards. Some colored differently than I did or put or arranged the layers differently. It is great to see what they come up with because sometimes there ideas are better than my own.  One of the great things about teaching is that you learn so much.

2 comments:

Danni said...

These are both great cards but I love that first one, so precious!

Michele Spera said...

Love the cards:-) I too really like the first one, I think its the straw:-)
I love dimension. Really nice job:-)
XMicheleX